Skip to main content
RPN item writers needed for registration exam
Licensed practical nurse
Registered psychiatric nurse
Careers at BCCNM
May 21, 2021
The BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is seeking RPN volunteers to participate virtually in item writing session for the Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Canada Examination (RPNCE) on September 20-24, 2021. Successful candidates will be referred to the exam vendor, Yardstick Assessment Strategies (YAS) for assessment of your suitability for participation in the panel.
To be considered for participation, you must meet the following criteria:
• Be currently registered as a practising RPN with BCCNM;
• Possess psychiatric nursing experience beyond the basic level, acquired either through education preparation or clinical experience;
• Have knowledge of current practice for registered psychiatric nurses entering practice;
• View psychiatric nursing and the nursing process in broad, general terms;
• Possess flexibility in using different approaches to solving problems;
• Think critically and creatively, and express ideas effectively both orally and in writing;
• Be able to work well in a group;
• Be able to work intensively on a project;
• Possess basic computer literacy (e.g., Microsoft Word).
In addition, you will need to:
• Be willing and available to participate in a 5-day remote item writing session from September 20-24, 2021 (3-4 hours each day), as well as a 2-hour orientation session to be held on September 2, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST/9:00 am PST.
• Have access to high-speed internet.
How do I apply?
Email your name and up-to-date resume to
, by 12 p.m. on June 25, 2021. Indicate in the email that you are applying to participate in item writing for the RPNCE. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you and let you know that we will be sending your information to YAS.