Skip to main content

Find Patient Care Quality offices

When you have a concern about a nurse or midwife's practice, we recommend:

  • if possible, you discuss the problem directly with the nurse/midwife, the nurse/midwife’s supervisor or both.

  • you consider pursuing the matter with the Patient Care Quality Office and/or health care agency where the nurse or midwife works if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction after speaking to the nurse/midwife and/or supervisor.

Regardless of how (or whether) you attempt to address your concern directly with the nurse/midwife or health care agency, you can always submit a written complaint to BCCNM.

Public protectio​​​​n 

When you have concerns about a nurse or midwife

Patient Care​​ Quality Offices

Each health authority in British Columbia has a Patient Care Quality Office. The purpose of these offices is to assist in the resolution of complaints. They have direct access to staff and health records information to assist in addressing your concerns.

900 – 200 Granville St
Vancouver, BC  V6C 1S4

​Toll-free 1.866.880.7101 (within Canada only) ​

We acknowledge the rights and title of the First Nations on whose collective unceded territories encompass the land base colonially known as British Columbia. We give specific thanks to the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ speaking peoples the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations and the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh-ulh Sníchim speaking Peoples the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation), on whose unceded territories BCCNM’s office is located. We also give thanks for the medicines of these territories and recognize that laws, governance, and health systems tied to these lands and waters have existed here for over 9000 years.

We also acknowledge the unique and distinct rights, including rights to health and wellness, of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples from elsewhere in Canada who now live in British Columbia. As leaders in the settler health system, we acknowledge our responsibilities to these rights under international, national, and provincial law.​